Linked bank account not showing as payment method

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor

I've linked my bank account and confirmed it but when I've gone to buy something through eBay it's not showing the bank account, just a debit card. I've had to set up a new PayPal account but before that I used to use the pay after delivery option but not allowing me to do that as it's not picking up my bank account.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

GMDef

I just tried this, but my bank link was already checked. I clicked "save" anyway, tried my purchase, and still didn't show bank option. What's the point of having the bank link option if it's THIS buggy???

Login to Me Too

Ikepo
Contributor
Contributor
How did you resolve this? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

bolz44
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. DId anything work for you eventually>

Login to Me Too

bolz44
Contributor
Contributor

It now says "Manage Funding Sources". Mine were all checked so it didn't help my case specifically.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220922H
Contributor
Contributor
This worked for me! Good job stumbling onto that. 😁
Login to Me Too

lauracolorado2
New Community Member

I was having this same issue. Was super frustrating! I went in and deleted all my cards (debit and credit) and then my bank accounts showed up when sending money. Hope this works for other people!

Login to Me Too

bolz44
Contributor
Contributor

Well, they showed up right away after removing all credit cards but got an error message. When I tried a 2nd time, nothing showed up again. Tried several times before customer support finally called me as per my earlier request by chat message. The person told me that the system had put a restriction for security reasons but they don't exactly why it's put a restriction. So they have to refresh my PayPal account and I can try again in 48 hours. I don;t think they know what they are talking about because I had my wife sign up for a new PayPal account. The moment she clicked 'Bank of America' to add her first bank account, she got the same error message I get when I try and add during the Send Payment process. (When no payments appear initially, I choose the option to add payment method in order to complete the money transfer). I have a Bank of America and Chase account linked and verified but they don't show up.

Login to Me Too

tismeinaz

Ditto here.  I have several accounts on Paypal and I go to one online shop and they all are options,  go to another and only one of the accounts is an option, go to another shop and a different single account is an option.  It's hit or miss.  

Login to Me Too

Chandrakant1
Contributor
Contributor
Yet, I haven't confirmed my bank account, but I have received two small deposits. As I want to confirm it on my paypal account, it's not showing my linked bank account.
Login to Me Too

PMCRAY
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Verified my account two days ago but it still  doesn't show up.
Actually, it DID show up one time, so it's obvious it's a bug on Paypal's side.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.