Linked bank account not showing as payment method

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor

I've linked my bank account and confirmed it but when I've gone to buy something through eBay it's not showing the bank account, just a debit card. I've had to set up a new PayPal account but before that I used to use the pay after delivery option but not allowing me to do that as it's not picking up my bank account.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

GMDef

AGREED!! I'm having the same problem. I don't like the idea of linking a bank account, but I did b/c I'm paying for a major purchase for a home reno out of cash savings, and my credit card limits aren't high enough to cover it. Item is on sale (like, saving me several thousand dollars), and I don't know how long the sale will last, but now I can't pay for it b/c my newly VERIFIED bank account isn't showing up in PayPal! Not MY pal!

Login to Me Too

Ikepo
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone has a solution for this? My confirmed bank accts not showing on payment page.
Login to Me Too

Echo7fox
Contributor
Contributor
Because they’re idiots
Login to Me Too

DeltaGreece
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue. Preventing me from buying an item on Best Buy. Such a frustrating issue.

Login to Me Too

jheckman002
Contributor
Contributor

Also having the same issue.  I was able to make a number of payments but now it asks me to add payment method rather than show the linked account.  Every once in while I am able to get a payment through.  It is frustrating since I am trying to process a number of payments.  Only thing I can think of is the link with bank is not working.  That has happened to me sometimes on quick books.   It would be nice to be able to talk to someone. 

Login to Me Too

bbbsports2020

I'm having the same issue. It was literally there to pay. I changed the amount and now its gone. Went back to the previous amount and still won't come up. I was more wondering if anyone else thought about the amazing customer service PayPal is offering, but stepping into this conversation. Paypal you are top dong now, but with this kind of customer service you watch how everyone jumps ship when a new option becomes available. Then all of a sudden customer service will be a priority. 

Login to Me Too

sasavincic
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue. Any news on how to fix it? I deleted my account and made a new one. When I linked my bank account it showed for one purchase, now it’s not showing again.
Login to Me Too

b3arclaw
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I did have a negative balance couple of times but i always covered it in couple of days. Wierd thing is that sometimes it shows sometimes it doesnt. Here is solution that i found working for me. I put some money on my PayPal Balance it doesnt matter how much 10-20€ and then when you go buy something it will alway give you choice between PayPal balance and your Bank. You just select your bank account as payment method and your balance stays the same. As long as I have any amount of money on my PayPal balance it always shows me my bank account as choice also when paying.

Login to Me Too

MelSGA

Me too, with so may having this issue I would think PayPal would work to resolve, since there are so many other (I guess better) payment methods to use!

Login to Me Too

vi93r
New Community Member

Had this issue aswell for a while varied from websites some worked others only listed 2 of my 4 payment options,

and accidently came across another section that lets you select payments methods.

What worked for me was;

Logged into Paypal via browser

> settings

>payments

>manage automatic payments

and down the bottom left is another option that says "Manage payment methods"

In this section all my payment options were listed but only 2  (the 2 that always worked) were check marked, I checked the other 2 and now all options have always been showing up.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.