Link PayPal acct to new gcash acct

Shwei
Contributor
Contributor
I want to unlink my PayPal acct from my old gcash and link it to my new gcash, it won't let me. Help.
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Shwei

Welcome to the PayPal Community, this is a great question! Have you reached out to GCash Support about this concern yet? They should be able to advise if this option is available, and if it is, how it can be accomplished. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

christian-_19
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, please help me on this. I want to link my Paypal to Gcash but it keeps getting cancelled so I go to their web and said "To protect your account, this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN". What should I do? I don't have a bank account but what PIN?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@christian-_19 

Try changing your GCash MPIN or mobile PIN. Then try relinking again if preapproved payments have been deactivated.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

christian-_19
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for answering, but sadly still cancelled 😢
Login to Me Too

felixpepits
New Community Member

I also experience the same problem. It goes like this. GCash Name: Felix [removed]. PayPal Name: Felix [removed] Will this be the cause of getting cancelled pre-approved payments? Please heeeelp! 😭

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community! Thanks @sharpiemarker for your time helping our users! It's much appreciated. 

@christian-_19, @felixpepits, I'm sorry to hear you've run into some road-blocks linking your GCash and PayPal. If your name does not match exactly between PayPal and GCash, yes, you may experience difficulty establishing a link between the two. If you need to update your name, or you're running into other issues linking PayPal and GCash, I would recommend reaching out to GCash's Support teams for assistance. They should be able to review your concern and provide further guidance. 

Best wishes to you all!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Terbls59
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to Link my PayPal Account to my GCash Account to use for certain transactions. I can’t get it to work and I can’t find any help. Any suggestions PLEASE?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Terbls59 

You have a US PayPal account. GCash is based in the Philippines (PH) and the PayPal account must be set up in the Philippines to link it. Close the US PayPal account and open a personal PH PayPal account.

Please note that PayPal Cash In in the GCash app is currently unavailable. They are working to restore services as soon as possible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Terbls59
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your response! Yes, I FINALLY found where it says that I must have a Philippine Payapal Account. I went ahead and created another PayPal Account using my other email. But I was still having problems because PayPal wouldn’t accept my U.S. address as my mailing address for my Bank. But I just got off the phone with my Bank and they temporarily changed my mailing address to my address here in the Philippines until I can ge it all verified then they will change it back. Everything here is so damn difficult and **bleep** backwards. Anyway, hopefully this will fix it. Thanks for your help!! 😎✌🏼 Much Kudos! 🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.