When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate JPMC Paypal (JPMorgan Chase) so that Paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make funded from your bank account.
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
It is not a 'regular' payment and won't change until you pay your next seller (the last amount shows until then).
JMPC Paypal is on my list of direct debits but as I only tend to fund my payments via a credit card the Direct Debit correctly shows the LAST seller I paid via Paypal / bank account in 2021
Sometimes the amounts do not coincide with the date you made the payment as Paypal credit the seller in advance and then Paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account. That can be anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the amount is not recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your Paypal balance.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Lennon [Removed], who are they? in Security and Fraud
- Using my visa on a newly created account to make a purchase instantly in Wallet
- Having issues to verify my home address to verify identity. in Managing Account
- Why am I being charged interest on PayPal credit? in Products & Services
- New Policy Updates Aug 23 in Transactions