JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD

PAS16
Contributor
Contributor

My bank has notifield me of a new direct debit: JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD.  I have read other comments about this, but this shows a payment scheduled for £22.48 on 29/03/18.  Any thoughts please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PAS16

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PAS16

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PAS16
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks.  I will check as to the recent transacation.  Regards

Login to Me Too

Mcbrierty2019
New Community Member
Right so why are they taken £6.99 off me for no reason
Login to Me Too

Fionacraig69
Contributor
Contributor
Ive just had a message from my bank saying my direct debit to JMPC RE PAYPAL £12.93 has been paid,I use PayPal a lot and have never had this before, how do I cancel the direct debit?
Login to Me Too

jammyto
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having regular direct debit transactions taken from my account and I really don't know why help someone please
Login to Me Too

Ange2208
Get in touch with your bank ASAP and cancel DD.. This company have taken over £350 from me my bank are refusing to help!
Login to Me Too

Ange2208
I’ve been scammed for over £350 by this company! My bank are refusing to help I’m absolutely furious that by this company sending a penny to my account that gives them a binding contract! I have an address but god knows how much this will help ! Be aware!!!
Login to Me Too

Ellie254
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I’ve read your post but what I can’t understand from you explanation is that it isn’t showing up in my PayPal activity only my bank transactions, would you be able to explain it pls? 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Ellie254 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Is it possible you checked out as a Guest? This is when PayPal is used as the payment processor, however you may not have logged in to your account to complete the transaction. Here's a bit more information on Paying as a Guest. 

I hope that helps. If you're still running into some confusion, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.