Its asking me to log into to my bank

joho2781
New Community Member

I had no problems sending out 4 payments. On the 5th one, its telling me: 

Now and then, a payment needs to be checked before it goes through. We use Yodlee to confirm your bank details and to check your balance and transactions as needed. It's part of how we manage risk and fraud, and it helps you avoid declines. For more info, see our Privacy Statement. Permissions for this option are in your Profile, and you can change them at any time.

I do not have a log in to my bank. Can I turn this off? Do I have to wait a period of time before this alert goes away?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BikerCliff
Contributor
Contributor
I got hit by Yodlee today too. I've had a PayPal account for years... decades... without problems. I'm sorry, but no company has the right to suddenly demand login credentials for my bank. I very much dislike giving JAVA permissions to 3rd party companies that I'm not doing business with. I bumped into another thread discussing investigations against Yodlee. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Yodlee-Has-All-Your-PayPal-Banking-Data-They-re-Being-S... Web security is serious. I'm disappointed that PayPal doesn't take it seriously.
Login to Me Too

Rubicon01
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the USA; I just spoke with Customer Service Rep Hazel. 

I asked directly if PayPal still uses Yodlee, she acted shocked and said no! I said, well it's all over your app and because "Yodlee" couldn't verify my bank account, it's now going to take PayPal 72 hours? 

I hate these fcuker$

If people would come into this century they would see this platform is outdated, bad security, and they always find a reason to hold your money.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.