Is this paypal for real. It shows the payment I posted on my visa but not on my paypal account

zalama
Contributor
Contributor

Date Type Description Amount Balance

03/09/2023

Purchase Original Sale

PAYPAL *LEVIETTHIEN L[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] [removed] CA

-32,88 $ CAD

0,00 $ CAD

Transaction Details

Authorized amount:

-32,88 $ CAD

Retailer name:

PAYPAL *LEVIETTHIEN LE

Purchase Date:

03/09/2023

Retailer city:

strong>

Settlement amount:

32,88 $ CAD

Retailer zip code:

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

zalama
Contributor
Contributor

and it took the exact amount that was left on card. yet if that is paypal why does it not show on my  paypal account ? last activity was  the day before and no contact info zip code what country etc. I found it to be like it is coming from vietnam cause it in that lang. when I googled the name. but contact info there says paypal.com when you google it.but I am on paypal.com ad they don;t show anything that my visa card did

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @zalama

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the concern caused by this unrecognized transaction. The format above does look like the traditional format for PayPal transactions on a card statement. If the transaction isn't showing on your PayPal account, that could mean it was processed as a guest checkout. A guest checkout occurs when you're not logged into your PayPal account to make the transaction, but we still process the payment. I suggest asking any family members and friends to see if they had used your card to make the purchase. If they didn't, please reach out to Customer Support through our website by selecting 'Contact' or 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the page. 

After working with Customer Support, if you're able to determine that you had not authorized the transaction previously (it might have been an older subscription, for example), they should be able to help you file a dispute. Once that's started, you'll want to reach out to your card issuer and let them know of the unauthorized activity as well so they can issue you a new card. 

I hope you're able to determine the payment was authorized, but if not, that you can file a dispute for a refund with the help of Customer Support! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

zalama
Contributor
Contributor

I was not clear in this. It was a prepaid visa card. Now I had attached it to my PayPal account , however it can be used directly without using PayPal. It was used that way By me cause I think I had to verify it first but had not, whatever the reason it did not work when I tried to use it as preferred payment. I Remember once it said card declined by my bank, and that is a pre paid card so what bank? So when that failed it used my secondary payment which is my Mastercard debit from BMO check my activity and see the recent purchase(for more than a few months) where made using a Mastercard debit. all the purchases using visa pre paid card show on my online bill but not PayPal account, because PayPal was never used for this card  Now someone saying they were PayPal cleaned it out with a bill that was $32.88 the exact amount that was left on the card. Do you no how hard it would be to make a purchase including pst and gst that made the balance 0.00.  So what I am saying is that a card never used through PayPal was billed by PayPal and the type of bill listed as  "purchase original sale" no city or zip code given. I will send picture of the online bill so you can see for your self and I opened the PayPalScreenshot_2.png

one up so you get all the info that was there. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.