Is there a penalty for having too many transactions not marked as shipped?

SPFA
Contributor
Contributor

I work for an informal online art team, and I receive payment from our team leader every couple of months. I only just learned that when he sends the money, he sends it as Goods & Services (correct) and as something that requires shipping (incorrect). I have quite a few payments from him now that make it look like I have been neglecting to ship him goods, as a result. I'm going through them to mark the transactions as "shipped, no tracking" to get them off my record, but I'm wondering if it's necessary. Does Paypal penalize an account if it reaches too many transactions that never get marked as shipped?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SPFA

Welcome back to the Community! 

I apologize for the confusion caused by your recent transactions. When someone sends a payment, they have the option to select if it is a Goods & Services transaction or a Friends & Family payment. The buyer isn't able to indicate if the purchase is for a shipped item or a service. Since you are being paid for providing a service, you can mark the transactions as service rendered. However, you won't be penalized if you don't update the information.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SPFA

Welcome back to the Community! 

I apologize for the confusion caused by your recent transactions. When someone sends a payment, they have the option to select if it is a Goods & Services transaction or a Friends & Family payment. The buyer isn't able to indicate if the purchase is for a shipped item or a service. Since you are being paid for providing a service, you can mark the transactions as service rendered. However, you won't be penalized if you don't update the information.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

SPFA
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the response! This answers my question perfectly, and I'm very relieved to hear that if I miss updating some transactions, I won't put my account in jeopardy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.