Is paypal charging is for the fee in chargebacks?

everyoneisaclou
Contributor
Contributor
i have a question, paypal. if the buyer sends $30 with a $2 fee, and then when the buyer chargebacked the transaction, will the chargeback include the fee that the buyer bought or will it be the amount that they send? (which was $30 flat)
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@everyoneisaclou 

Buyer paid total $30, PayPal took $2 fee, you received $28

Buyer paid total $32, PayPal took $2 fee, you received $30

In both cases, yes chargeback is for entire total amount the buyer paid, does include PayPal fee.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

everyoneisaclou
Contributor
Contributor
thank you! so if i understand this correctly, $30 payment with a paypal fee of $2 in total comes to $32. when chargebacked, does the seller need to pay $32 or are there more fees paypal havent told you about? because im dealing with an open case about someone accidentally send me money (they were supposed to send it to another person)
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@everyoneisaclou wrote:
thank you! so if i understand this correctly, $30 payment with a paypal fee of $2 in total comes to $32. when chargebacked, does the seller need to pay $32 or are there more fees paypal havent told you about? because im dealing with an open case about someone accidentally send me money (they were supposed to send it to another person)

If buyer paid $32.09, you’ll net $30. When buyer does chargeback or PayPal dispute, the gross amount of $32.09 is challenged and is the amount refunded should you lose or issue a refund in full. There might be dispute fees or chargeback fees where applicable.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

everyoneisaclou
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker if my buyer paid in friends and family, will there be a fee? because i cant seem to understand if my situation, im still unsure if its a dispute or chargeback. but nonetheless, i did recieve an email saying that at a spesific time paypal will take the balance out and return it to the buyer. and in the transaction details, the amount is still the same (30 but due to friends and family fee, its 32) but i realized that the transaction id is different from the original transaction fee (if you get what im saying, sadly cant attach screenshots here) i will wait for the answer, ty for helping!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone!! Thank you @sharpiemarker for your help on this one! We greatly appreciate all the time you lend helping our Community!

Thanks for visiting our Forums, @everyoneisaclou. Welcome! I found the following PayPal page detailing our Fees. I hope that fills in any gaps. If not, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

everyoneisaclou
Contributor
Contributor
i forgot to @ you so @sharpiemarker , i hope you will reply to my previous comment
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.