Is it safe to get a refund through paypal for an item i purchased from aliexpress

bullguard
Contributor
Contributor

is it safe to get a refund through paypal for an item i purchased from aliexpress

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bullguard 

If the original payment is not through PayPal, no, it would not be safe. The seller can refund as PayPal goods and services payment (instead of friends and family option) and then file an item not received dispute to get their money back. You could lose dispute/claim because there’s nothing to ship, it was a refund.

If the original transaction is with PayPal, you should be able to file a PayPal dispute to request a refund or escalate to a claim for PayPal to make a ruling.

Alipay should have some kind of buyer protection/dispute program. If not, file a chargeback, if you paid with card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bullguard 

If the original payment is not through PayPal, no, it would not be safe. The seller can refund as PayPal goods and services payment (instead of friends and family option) and then file an item not received dispute to get their money back. You could lose dispute/claim because there’s nothing to ship, it was a refund.

If the original transaction is with PayPal, you should be able to file a PayPal dispute to request a refund or escalate to a claim for PayPal to make a ruling.

Alipay should have some kind of buyer protection/dispute program. If not, file a chargeback, if you paid with card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bullguard
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  no it was not paid through paypal thanks for the answer though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.