Is USA to EUR Conversion Automatic At Recipient End?

AceyUSA
Contributor
Contributor

When sending from the United States to the European Union (USD to EUR) with a Personal PayPal account using a credit card - Will my chosen USD amount automatically be received as EUR - Or will the recipient need to convert from USD to EUR?

I would like the recipient to receive EUR automatically so that they don't have to go through the trouble of losing the base amount that I intended for them to receive.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AceyUSA 

When you go to pay select EUR as the currency you want to send from the drop down box and then before you click to send the funds it will tell you how much in USD will be debited from your linked card.

OR they can send you a money request or invoice (if you are paying for goods or services) in EUR and you can just pay it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AceyUSA 

When you go to pay select EUR as the currency you want to send from the drop down box and then before you click to send the funds it will tell you how much in USD will be debited from your linked card.

OR they can send you a money request or invoice (if you are paying for goods or services) in EUR and you can just pay it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AceyUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I am not paying for a physical good that has to be shipped to me; this is a one-time donation to someone who is not a friend or family.

However, because it is not a physical good, would I choose "Friends / Family"?

Also, is it possible for me to load an initial amount to my PayPal personal account (example: temporarily link my bank account and have $500.00 put into PayPal), then delete the linked card for safety purposes...and basically just send money only from my PalPal balance to another until I choose to re-load.

Sorry for the newbie questions.  

Many thanks for your generous assistance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.