Invoice paid but no money?

CelineNecrotheo
Contributor
Contributor
I know there's a similar question like this, but for me it's not been resolved. I sent a customer an invoice with the option that they pay here and there until it's completed, kind of like layaway. It shows the payment as complete on the invoice and you can see each payment in activity and track each one. it's fully paid, but I don't have the option to use any of it or click any buttons to "claim" it. It was paid 4 days of writing this and PayPal hasn't given me the money, it just emailed me saying your invoice was paid/completed. It doesn't say "pending" "on hold" or anything, just says paid, and when I click details, it shows "$300 due, $300 paid. Amount due: $0, PAID" and has all the info from the buyer, including email and address which I shipped to. Their name is a store name, as their likely a artist like me, with logo too. So I would assume they wouldn't want to scam me, cause it's easy to call them out, y'know? And they seemed very excited for the art piece and very normal. Also: I sent the item thinking I needed to issue it "shipped" and added tracking, which was stupid of me to do before having the money come through... I thought it was PayPal's way of ensuring I sent it before I got the money. Maybe related: At some point, PayPal allowed me to use $25 of the invoice as some kind of thank you for using the site, which was auto deducted into my PayPal account from the invoice. No special link or email link. I got an email stating it, and logged into my browser to check and there it was with a "thank you for using PayPal!" Message, etc. I think that was legitimate. I've been using PayPal for years. Unless this was some kind of sneaky hack??? I don't know anything about that end of things and nothing has been taken from my attached bank or PayPal. Sorry this is so long, I'm just confused and scared. Never had this issue before.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.