International Transfers to Myself

Az316
Contributor
Contributor

I am moving to the USA from Australia. I currently have a Paypal account linked to my Australian bank accounts and credit and debit cards.

I will be getting paid into a USA bank account, which I want to add to my existing Paypal.

Can I transfer money from my USA bank account to my Australian bank account all from within my one Paypal account? I will still have bills and debits coming out of my Aussie bank account that I need to have funds available for.

Trying to find the most effective way to regularly transfer money to myself.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate post

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Az316 

PayPal accounts are country specific.

Note: If you plan on keeping an AU residence for use only when you’re in the AU, fine, keep it open. Otherwise, the idea is that you’re supposed to close out your PayPal account, taking your money with you before you move, just like you would a bank account and set up shop so to speak in your new country of residence (US). PayPal tracks user location, IP address, devices, and do not like use of proxies obscuring location access so you may have problems logging on to the AU account from US later on for security purposes.

That said, you can link a US bank account that has a ABA Routing number to an AU PayPal account for withdrawals as per Withdrawals Out of PayPal but can’t say whether you can add money to the PayPal balance with a US bank account (kinda doubtful as I do not see it encouraged, promoted by PayPal policies) and then withdraw to a AU card, or AU bank account. You can try adding funds and see if the linked US bank shows up as an option. Then there is applicable currency conversion from USD to AUD fees.

How do I add money to my PayPal balance from my bank?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.