Insufficient funds

HeftyCode
Contributor
Contributor

So recently I unknowingly subscribed to Hotspot Shield VPN’s premium package assuming I would get the free trial but apparently I had already bought the free trial before so instead I was immediately charged, resulting in my PayPal account balance becoming negative. I also don’t have enough funds in the linked bank account. My refund from Hotspot Shield should be coming within 3-7 business days but PayPal said that within the next 4 days they will be contacting my bank to request for the funds and there may be an additional penalty I’d have to pay. How do I get PayPal to just wait a few more days for my refund to come before they resort to rushing to the bank and adding to the amount of money I need to repay? Like I’m getting the refund so there is no need for PayPal to go and contact the bank yet.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

HeftyCode
Contributor
Contributor
I just got all my refunds and my PayPal balance is now at 0. Looks as if I’m in the clear for now. 👍

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HeftyCode 

The requests are automated so your best bet is to talk to your bank, explain what has happened and request that they don't charge you a failure fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

HeftyCode
Contributor
Contributor
I just got all my refunds and my PayPal balance is now at 0. Looks as if I’m in the clear for now. 👍
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.