I was suppose to get a tansfer of $1000, but rrceived less than $900

g31d450
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was suppose to get a tansfer of $1000, but rrceived less than $900. The sender sent me $1000 dollars, but I got only $948. Then I've been charged fees for accepting the money, leaving me less than $900. Is it possible? What can I do now?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@g31d450 

If you received $948, then how can you say you received less than $900???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

g31d450
Contributor
Contributor
I know the sender sent $1000 but my account got only $948 before PayPal reduced fees from me too. When I accepted the transaction, I left with less than $900...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @g31d450,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community! Fees would only be taken from the transaction once, unless the sender did not send you the full amount. It is possible that they conducted a currency conversion prior to sending the transaction, but that would mean that they did not send you the full amount in the currency of the transaction. If it was not a currency conversion, I'm not sure what else it would have been. 

If you'd like a customer service teammate to look into the details, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see your contact options.

I hope this can be cleared up for you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.