I was paid for an item I do not sell. Can not open a dispute via resolution center

trishka48
New Community Member

I received payment for an item- which I do not sell- and I do not know what to do.

If I automatically refund it, could I be setting myself up for some sort of fraud situation? I had a compromised etsy account and I am concerned it is in regards to that.

I tried opening a ticket with the PP resolution center, but I am not allowed to open one on a completed payment- even though I do not sell items at all.

What do I do? I want to protect myself at all costs as identity theft is not something I take lightly. Paypal has been unhelpful. Thanks in advance for any help. it seems shady AF, but could be a simple mistake.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trishka48 

Click on the transaction and check if you were charged a fee, if you were then click on the 'refund' option and do a part refund minus the fee (as its not returned as part of any refund you make) so that you are not out of pocket.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trishka48 

Click on the transaction and check if you were charged a fee, if you were then click on the 'refund' option and do a part refund minus the fee (as its not returned as part of any refund you make) so that you are not out of pocket.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

trishka48
New Community Member

@kernowlass Thank you. I am waiting on PP to message me back as to what to do, and after checking I see I was not charged a fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.