I think i made a mistake when i tried to add money to my PayPal balance. Will i lose my money?

Sergiosgramer
Contributor
Contributor

I want to add money to my PayPal account balance. In order to transfer money from my bank account to my PayPal i have to do it manually and send the money through a transaction using the bank website, PayPal gives you the specific information you need to put in on the transaction information and they say the name of the PayPal account and the name of the bank account have to be the same so that the transaction works and i recieve the money. My problem is that i didn't put my name on the transaction *sender name tab* because i thought they would be able to see my name regardless. I still don't know if they can or cannot see the name. My other problem is that my name on my bank account is written in greek and on my PayPal account it's writen in english. PayPal says that you can change your account name on their website to match your bank account name and i did it, but it still hasn't changed after a day or two. I'm affraid that because of all this i might lose my money and i don't even know who to contact to get help. I thought i might wait a few days since PayPal says that the transaction might take 3 to 5 business days. On my bank account website i see that the money has been transfered and that i also payed 1 euro fee, so the transaction was successful. If nothing happens in the next few days does that mean that i lost that money forever? Can i ask for a refund? How does this even work? I'm very stressed out because the amount of money was 185 euroes and it will be very bad if i lose it. (To be clear, i read the instructions on the PayPal website very carefully and i knew what i was supposed to do. My mistake was that i had to change my paypal name to match my bank account name beforehand, and that i didn't put my name in the *sender name tab* because i assumed that when they recieved the payment they would be able to see it).

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Donna

Hello @Sergiosgramer,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Donna

Hello @Sergiosgramer,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Sergiosgramer
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for your reply, it turns out the money was indeed added to my balance regardless of the fact i didn't write my name on the transfer information. I'm guessing my name could be seen either way. Thank you for your reply. At least now i know what to do just in case this happens again and the money doesn't actually get transferred.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.