I sent money to someone and deleted my account

Frosina332
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so i was sending a payment to someone and then because of personal reasons I closed my account right after sending the money, so now the person i sent the money to has their money on hold. Can i do something about it to speed things up or will they have to wait? And more importantly will they get their money because i was charged for the transaction?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Frosina332,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you or posting!

I understand your concern about sending money and the payment hold on the receiver's end and I know money is of the utmost importance to everyone. In general, PayPal may place a hold on funds for a variety of reasons to ensure a safer and more secure environment. Please note that if the transaction has been processed and shown as completed then the payment will be released to the receiver after 21 days only. Here's the help center article to know why the payment could be on hold. If the payment is on hold after a given period of time that is 21 days hen the receiver may reach out to us through the available contact options on our website for further assistance.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frosina332 

Did you use the goods/services option or friends/family to send the funds + what did it say on the transaction on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Frosina332,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you or posting!

I understand your concern about sending money and the payment hold on the receiver's end and I know money is of the utmost importance to everyone. In general, PayPal may place a hold on funds for a variety of reasons to ensure a safer and more secure environment. Please note that if the transaction has been processed and shown as completed then the payment will be released to the receiver after 21 days only. Here's the help center article to know why the payment could be on hold. If the payment is on hold after a given period of time that is 21 days hen the receiver may reach out to us through the available contact options on our website for further assistance.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.