I paid money to the wrong account. How do I get my money back?

CarolDP
New Community Member

I paid a translator for her services a few days ago. It turns out that her email address is linked to her Paypal account in another country, and she prefers the money in her American account. 

I paid her again using a different email address. How do I get the money back from the first transaction?

She will speak with Paypal on my behalf and explain the situation. I also have proof of my second payment. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CarolDP,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that the payment was sent to an account that the recipient did not prefer to use. The recipient has the option to refund the payment from within her account.

For your protection, never re-send funds until you have received a refund. This will prevent the possibility of a double-charge.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.