I need to cancel a transaction I made through PayPal, can’t find an option to do it.

Gail946
New Community Member

I need to cancel a transaction I made through PayPal, can’t find an option for it. I made a purchase on Facebook thinking I was ordering from QVC and turns out it is a scam and site not QVC. The payment is still “pending” in my bank account. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gail946 

If its marked as completed in your paypal account then you have paid. Paypal credits the seller upfront and paypal then take the wait for the pending funds to transfer from your bank account or card.

So if you want to cancel you need to contact the merchant and see if they will cancel and issue you a refund.

If they don't then Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described. 

However that protection is not a 100% guarantee of cover for everything so you need to read up on it so you can risk assess your own transactions.

If you have purchased from a scammer then you may lose out with a fake tracking number or having to return any item back to the merchant first at your own expense so if that happens post back for advice if you want it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.