I need help to change the receiving currency

Mia291
New Community Member

Hi everyone

I get paid in USD but when l try to receive the money in USD as well l see there's no option for that. i only have euros and dinars. PP has much lower exchange currency than banks and l lose a lot. Could someone help me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mia291 

First, you have to Add USD currency to your PayPal balance:

Go to Wallet > Balance > + Add Currency > USD

Then switch to USD currency balance as your primary balance so you can spend or request payment in USD. When someone pays you in USD, the USD should go into your USD currency balance.

Remember, when withdrawing, PayPal always convert foreign currency to your account opening currency: 

• You may only withdraw the balance in the opening currency of your account or such other currency that PayPal supports for withdrawal in your registered country/region. In order to withdraw the balance in your account which is held in another currency you will have to convert the currency to the opening currency of your account, or it will be converted for you at the time of your withdrawal. PayPal's transaction exchange rate, including our currency conversion fee, will be used.

There’s also an account setting to tell PayPal how to handle foreign currency payments:

Go to Settings > Seller Tools > Payment Preferences > Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Yes, accept and convert to…

No, deny the payments 

Yes, accept payment and create new holding balance in that currency

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.