I mistakenly sent funds to a wrong bank account information. How do I request for refund?

athenamattus
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to transfer my funds to my bank account. I selected Link a bank on a Saturday and was informed that it will take 2-4 days. Unfortunately, I think I entered the card number and not the bank account number. It's 5 days since, I checked Paypal and found out it's been 3 days since the transaction was completed. Is it still possible to withdraw the funds from the wrong bank account it was sent to? How can I request for a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @athenamattus,

Thank you for a post on the PayPal Community forum!

I understand your concern about the withdrawal issue. In general, once the transaction shows as completed, the funds would be credited to your card within 24 hours to 1 day. If the funds have been deducted from your PayPal account but haven't received money on your financials. I would recommend you to contact your card issuer to look for the funds. Usually, if there are any issues with the transfer, the transaction will be reversed back to your PayPal account. If you do not find the funds, we can help you trace the missing funds. You can reach out to our customer support through the options available at the bottom of our website.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.