I mistakenly have chosen u.s. citizenship and now I can’t accept money

Oliko2
New Community Member
Hello! I need someones help. First of all I’m not u.s. citizen and I don’t have us credit card or bank account. When I registered on paypal I mistakenly choosed US citizenship. I have seen my mistake when I received money at my account and can’t accept it because: To withdraw money paypal requests US bank account or credit card. To keep money on account it needs US passport and other documentation As I’m not u.s. citizen I can’t provide this documentation Is there any other way? Help center don’t helps, they are suggesting link my bank account, keep money and so on which I can’t do. I live in third country and haven’t seen poor support like this, the just don’t read what I’m asking
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oliko2 

That account is useless to you so you need to close it (if you can) and open one in your own country. 

As you can't claim the funds they should be showing as unclaimed on the senders side and as they can't complete should time out at 30 days and go back to them, then they can pay to your correct account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220513A
New Community Member
Same happend with me I'm from India and choose country in PayPal USA
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220513A 

Same advice, close the wrong account and open one in India?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

acalache
Contributor
Contributor
Same to me I'm in UK and I put us from mistake and I can close it I try many times but nothing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.