I made orders that were refunded, but I removed the email address

Suppertime2014
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I made a few orders online from a retail store. I ended up not picking them and the charges were refunded - as per their email.

I however changed and deleted the associated email address before they refunded to. I still haven't received the refund, and I assume it's because I changed my email address. Should I contact Paypal? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

yisuspride
Contributor
Contributor

If you deleted the email added to paypal, what you have to do is add that email to your new paypal and there you will have the money.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you @yisuspride for your time and help on this this thread!

@Suppertime2014, I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent transaction. Depending on how the merchant refunds the transaction, there shouldn't be an issue receiving it. If the merchant sends the refund as a separate transaction to the old email address, thats when you would need to re-add and confirm that old email. If they just send it as a regular refund, there shouldn't be any issue receiving it to your original funding source.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.