I made an accidental payment and it wont let me cancel the transaction what do i do?

roseetoa
New Community Member

help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roseetoa 

If it’s a personal payment, contact recipient to request a refund. Their contact email should be in the transaction details. 

Note: You can’t open a dispute for payments sent as “Family and Friends.”  You can send a personal payment to reimburse a friend for dinner or to collect money for a gift etc. The Purchase Protection program doesn’t apply to personal payments.

If goods and services payment, you may file a dispute at the resolution center and ask for a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lauramills
Contributor
Contributor

I went through the Resolution Center.  I saw the transaction which was in the "Authorization" phase; it hasn't even gone through yet on Citibank's end.  However, the Resolution Center says that a case cannot be opened on this type of transaction.

I called Citicard and they said that they could not stop the transaction as it has already been authorized. 

I have called American Airlines and they say they will call me back but I don't believe it.  

(Note that I am not the original questioner but rather another community member that has a very similar difficulty--I accidentally clicked something on Paypal that bought a ticket on American Airlines when I was just trying to see how much the final price would be.  Now I can't cancel the transaction and I also can't use the flight!)

Thanks for trying to help.  Sorry to have to let you know that your advice didn't work. 

Yours

Laura

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lauramills 

You can't cancel a pending transaction, the recipient would have to cancel your order and then void the transaction.

If they don't void it then it will time out 30 days post payment if the recipient does not capture the pending payment.

You can raise a dispute for a pending payment as paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described and not buyer remorse unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lauramills
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.