I made 2 purchases from ebay $26.96 . My CC was charged 15.93 more. Is that PayPal fees?

Jhonnyb
New Community Member
I made 2 purchases from ebay with a total cost of US$ 26.96. My credit card is charged US$15.93 More. Is this $15.93 PayPal fees for a transactions?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hi @Jhonnyb,

I welcome you to the PayPal Community!

I'm sure seeing a higher amount on your card would have been concerning and I'm sorry! Is it possible the card has been authorized for more while the merchant process your eBay orders? If so, the amount will typically adjust to the correct price once the merchant completes processing the order. Generally, you wouldn't have been charged a $15.93 fee for an eBay purchase of $26.96. Fees are charged by PayPal when:

- You send money to an individual using a card

- Using the Instant  Transfer option to withdraw to a card

- Receiving payments as Goods & Services

- Late fees for credit products

- Other miscellaneous reasons that would have communicated to you.

Kindly take some time to review your payment details in full. This can be done when using the full PayPal website and clicking on the payment in your activity. In your details, it should list any specific fees PayPal charged. It may be a good idea to review your eBay history and get with them if you still feel you've been overcharged. 

I hope this leads you to an answer!

Thank you,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.