I have "Money waiting for me" on my PayPal dashboard but I don't know where it came from.

Isaakdakota
Contributor
Contributor

On my dashboard I have a blue banner that says "Money is waiting for you*" I don't know where this money came from and it's also in euros which is not the currency I use as I live in the U.S. Is there a way to see where this money came from? Am I being overly cautious? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Adrienne00
New Community Member
I had this happen to me, it is a scam and now I'm being charged a dispute fee. Don't accept the money! I didn't cancel the transaction thinking it would time out, but it got deposited anyway. I'm cancelling my PayPal as soon as I get this resolved. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaakdakota 

Sounds as if someone made a typo with the email address and the funds were sent to you by mistake, if you don't claim them (as they are in another currency so you would need to add that currency to your paypal account to be able to claim them) then they should return back to the sender at 30 days.

@Adrienne00 

If you received money that was not yours, all you had to do was issue a refund.

If you do issue a refund then as it was the senders fault make them pay the fee you were charged on receipt of the funds. So you would then refund a part payment minus the fee so you did not lose out. 

If you don't issue a refund and the sender sent it to you by mistake then the only way they can get a refund is to open a dispute on you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.