I have my debit card linked,i sent myself 5.00 and it says a -5.45 , did i do it wrong?

Patty1971
Contributor
Contributor
I linked up my debit card, it says I sent myself 5.00, ok..I sent it to my PayPal acct twice and it says 5:45last week and 5:45 tonight, okon both transactions it has a -5:45, and it doesn't show a balance at all , did I do it wrong or loose my money ? I'm so confused ..cash app is more simple to deal with I think ...please someone help me out !? How do I find my balance ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patty1971 

I’m confused too. Not sure I understand what you did. 

Were you adding money to PayPal balance with your debit card? Is your debit card, the Cash app card? Did you add it through bank account info of your cash app account? If the money is debited from PayPal, it may have been returned to Cash app card if the money came from Cash app card. Refunds to cards take a week to 30 days depending on the card issuer.

Here are the ways to add money to PayPal account:

Linked bank account

PayPal Cash card at certain retailers

PayPal app via barcode at certain retailers

Money sent to your account from a sale or personal payment 

Direct Deposit 

Cash a check

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patty1971 

I’m confused too. Not sure I understand what you did. 

Were you adding money to PayPal balance with your debit card? Is your debit card, the Cash app card? Did you add it through bank account info of your cash app account? If the money is debited from PayPal, it may have been returned to Cash app card if the money came from Cash app card. Refunds to cards take a week to 30 days depending on the card issuer.

Here are the ways to add money to PayPal account:

Linked bank account

PayPal Cash card at certain retailers

PayPal app via barcode at certain retailers

Money sent to your account from a sale or personal payment 

Direct Deposit 

Cash a check

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patty1971 

Contact customer service so they can take a look for you:

1. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

2. Click Payments 

3. Click Adding Money

4. Click “Call Us” after the “This information might help” box.

Login to Me Too

Patty1971
Contributor
Contributor
I still can't find my money ! I am calling the customer service for help in the morning , that's if I find a number. Can anyone help me with that number?? Thanks in advance...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.