I have a refund in paypal, but want to have it go toward my next purchase. How do I do that?

bplugcast
Contributor
Contributor

I have a refund in paypal, but want to have it go toward my next purchase. How do I do that, if paypal doesn't have a checking type account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bplugcast 

Are the funds showing in your paypal account balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bplugcast
Contributor
Contributor

Kinda,  The front page of Paypal states only that I have a refund amount.   It has a button that I can accept the refund, but I don't know where that would go.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bplugcast 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bplugcast
Contributor
Contributor

I think I need to clarify.  "Shop in stores using the money in your balance and get cash at ATMs with the PayPal Cash Card. Request this debit card"   The button stated that money is waiting for me to "accept this money".   You are right that in all other cases my refunds returned to the card that was used.  In this case, the money has been there since Oct 21, 2021.  I'd prefer not to obtain a debit card, what I'd love for them to do is to apply it to my next purchase in paypal.  Is that doable?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi bplugcast, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.