I got an email saying: You set up automatic payments to DEEPART LIMITED and i want to cancel it

Juma_Awar
Contributor
Contributor

I have received an email saying: You set up automatic payments to DEEPART LIMITED and at the bottom of the email it said: To change or cancel your pre-approval with DEEPART LIMITED, log in to your PayPal account, go to Profile, and click My money. Update your agreement in the "My pre-approved payments" section.

I went to my PayPal account then to payments then to manage automatic payments but didn't find the DEEPART LIMITED thing

i have been trying to contact PayPal through the message center but it keeps saying no customer support is available

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @Juma_Awar

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thank you for your post! 

I appreciate how concerning this must be for you. 

The steps to cancel a billing agreement can be found here: What is an automatic payment and how do I cancel or update one?

However as you mentioned that you cannot see this on your account, this may be registered on a PayPal guest account. 

I would like to ensure this is investigated further and properly. I am sorry you have had issues using our Message Us option. 

To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @Juma_Awar

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thank you for your post! 

I appreciate how concerning this must be for you. 

The steps to cancel a billing agreement can be found here: What is an automatic payment and how do I cancel or update one?

However as you mentioned that you cannot see this on your account, this may be registered on a PayPal guest account. 

I would like to ensure this is investigated further and properly. I am sorry you have had issues using our Message Us option. 

To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Juma_Awar
Contributor
Contributor
I have contacted paypal support on Facebook I have explained to them that I got an email saying that an automatic payment is set so I logged in into my account to cancel the automatic payment but I couldn't find it in the place where it should be The first reply was: Hello Juma! I would like to inform you that once the payment gets initiated we will not get an option to cancel or reverse the payment. In this case, you can try to contact the merchant and request them to cancel the purchase or you can request a refund. I don't know if that's an AI who did write it or it's just a person who just doesn't read what I typed So I sent again explaining that I want to cancel the automatic payment not the payment which already happened The answer was : I see you have contacted us regarding cancelling subscription on your account to avoid future charges. If the payment is for subscriptions, then here is some information about how to cancel subscriptions on your account: (link i deleted because i can't post) if there are any questions during this process, please feel free to let us know. -Karthick I mean I already said i can't find the payment in its place in my account which means its done by a guest account and this AI or human sends me a link to cancel it through my account 🤦‍♂️ I really Don't know what to do
Login to Me Too

agakro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, It happened to me as well. What a SCAM. That person wouldn't stole any money from me if I would not have a paypal account!!! That is unbelievable. So I received a message from Paypal that I changed settings on my account and another one that I set up automatic, recurring payment ($99 dollars a day) to someones account. Of course it wasn't me. Didn't buy anything from that person. I am very careful when it comes to spending money and checking everything. Also no one had access to my account. I studied IT so I know what I am talking about! someone hacked me and stole my money. I logged in and remove that payment. I told Paypal what happened and opened a dispute. They replied that that payment was authorized!!! Can you imagine that!!! Of course it wasn't. My bank investigate that fraud and give me money back and guess what, the same person via PayPal stole my money again!!! i requested detailed info about that transaction but PayPal never send it to me. I am so sick and tired of it. .... Stay away from PayPal! I will remove my account as soon I receive back my stolen money

Login to Me Too

FantasticMrFox
New Community Member
Hi Rebecca, Could you please help me too? I’m experiencing exactly the same issue and it’s costing me money. Thanks Diego
Login to Me Too

Ross-RTR
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue as above. They are taking $19.99 out since December. They even attempted to take out $399 but thankfully it was denied. I called the bank, they say Paypal. I look through Paypal and its nowhere to be found. I have sent numerous emails to this "company" to stop. I submitted 6 forms that magically appeared on 3/2/2023. I attempt to contact Paypal with email and phone to fix this. Emails are automated and phone call is AI and even asked for my SSN. I hung up. I am afraid they have taken our card numbers and funnel it through a created Paypal account or something similar. I finally had to change my card AGAIN. I am also trying to cancel my Paypal account. Same as above. 

Login to Me Too

rybread171
New Community Member

Hi there, I created an account here just to respond to this thread lol. I was having the same issue as you all above. I also tried to cancel the automatic payments through the paypal website but none were showing up. I contacted a paypal agent on the phone and they were able to see that a guest account was created that was sending automatic payments to deepart limited. They were able to shut it down for me since the guest account was connected to my email. If any of you are having a similar issue, I'd recommend just speaking to a papypal agent on the phone and asking them to shut down any guest accounts sending automatic payments. I hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Payment_help55
Contributor
Contributor

I am also replying to this topic with similar issues. I cannot contact paypal at the moment through phone or message (maybe because it is the weekend), so I am posting here now. 

I subscribed to a $9.99 sample month. After seeing an email about upcoming paypal charges, I emailed the company to cancel and got no response. Luckily it has not yet been long enough for me for the 19.99 subscription after the initial $9.99 discounted month sample to be charged, but I don't want any unwanted charges to appear because I cannot contact them to cancel.

Similar complaint on PayPal here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Transactions/Tried-cancel-instructions-but-no-autom-payment-Deep...

I'm Ok with the first month being charged, but I want to cancel any upcoming subscriptions which are made using a guest account with one of my cards which is not on my main PayPal account.

Does anyone else (like rybread171) have any experience with contacting PayPal customer support for canceling this subscription via guest account and making the monthly payments stop? Also, does stopping the guest account charges guarantee that the company does not have the card information to keep on charging regardless?

Thank You

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello everyone,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

I understand you're looking to cancel the subscriptions in your account. If the subscription was set up through Guest checkout, you have to give us a call/message to cancel the subscription to avoid future payments. You can see the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page by clicking the contact us option.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.