I don't know where my refund is at the moment

Janne123
Contributor
Contributor

I made transaction in 30.3.2022 which was refunded in the same day. Today is 3.5 and I have not still got my money to my bank account or to my paypal account. However I needed to decline my credit card somewhere 15.4.2022 and that credit card was used to make the first transaction. I updated my paypal account card information today 3.5.2022 to my new one. I wanted to ask if that card decline could have affected to the refund (probably have) because I have not seen my money and if it has who I should be contacting? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Janne123

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I'm sorry to hear of the concern with a refund. 

If a card was used to send the payment, the refund is returned to the same card. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days for a refund to be issued back to a card. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Janne123
Contributor
Contributor

It has been over one month and no money has been received. I think the problem is that I needed to decline my card and get new one during the refund time. So the question is how can I get my money back to my new card or to my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.