I could not collect my money and no help from Paypal Support!

leapsim
Contributor
Contributor

I sent my money from upwork.com(where i work as freelancer) to my paypal account(US account) and i am from Cambodia and i don't have address and bank account in US which is impossible for me to collect or use my money. Trying to contact help from paypal support for more than a year until now, i uploaded my ID, my passport as they requested but always back and forth and they couldn't help and they deleted all conversations and they permanently limited my account. It's only 600USD but it got me really upset with paypal service.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leapsim 

Sorry, but your money is stuck. You are not supposed to open a US PayPal account if you do not live in the US. To get your money, you’ll need to get a US resident address, US phone number, US bank account, US Tax ID (ITIN). Maybe talk to UpWork customer services to get the money back to your account from PayPal.

Cambodia PayPal accounts cannot accept payments. Only for Buy or Send so you should not have used PayPal to accept payment from UpWork at all. Start over and use Payoneer with Upwork.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063988-Payoneer

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

leapsim
Contributor
Contributor
I only used PayPal for purchasing online, I sent money to my account because i want to transfer to my friend without extra transaction fee. So by meaning it stuck? Mean no way to get my money back 🙄 this doesn’t feel right if PayPal has no solution for this.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leapsim 

Because the rules for US PayPal accounts are more stricter now. Talk to UpWork to see if they can get the money back from PayPal to your UpWork account. Then use Payoneer at UpWork to accept your freelance pay from now on. Open your Payoneer account under Cambodia.

US PayPal want to verify the account. If you cannot verify your account, forget it. You were not supposed to open a US account when there is Cambodia PayPal for buying online or sending money.

Those are the rules.

There is way to get your money through PayPal but you need to establish a residence in the US, with documentation to prove it.

Login to Me Too

leapsim
Contributor
Contributor
This is since October 2019, I don’t think upwork could help. Yes i use payoneer and wire transfer. This is my first and also my last time sending money to paypal. More than a year already and now the all i have to do is to gave up my money. Thank to paypal support team 🎉
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leapsim

PayPal Cambodia homepage 

Login to Me Too

leapsim
Contributor
Contributor
One of the giant company doesn’t have a simple solution and the support way too suck. I told that i am not US citizen and i need help, the support keeps asking the same questions from different person and ask to upload the same things, seems no tracking on customer issue and also delete all the conversations, very sad about this
Login to Me Too

Leanghourim

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.