I closed my account but still have a refund, will it be transferred to my bank?

JonJoy
Contributor
Contributor

I closed my account but still have a refund, will it be transferred to my bank?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TasleemaJ
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JonJoy.

Thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about a refund to a closed account. Due to banking regulations, refunds are credited to the card originally used to make the payment. Your card issuer would credit your card balance within 30 days from the date of the refund. If the card you paid with is closed, the money would still be refunded to your credit card account. If you paid with your bank account, it can take an 3 to 5 business days to process, even if it's marked as Completed. 

Thanks and Regards,

TasleemaJ

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

TasleemaJ
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @JonJoy.

Thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about a refund to a closed account. Due to banking regulations, refunds are credited to the card originally used to make the payment. Your card issuer would credit your card balance within 30 days from the date of the refund. If the card you paid with is closed, the money would still be refunded to your credit card account. If you paid with your bank account, it can take an 3 to 5 business days to process, even if it's marked as Completed. 

Thanks and Regards,

TasleemaJ

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.