I cant transfer money to a person in another country

HiimOrange
New Community Member

Hello, my account was registered in Moldova, now i moved to Bulgaria and asked my friend for some money card to card, because my paypal was withdrawing money very long. Now i need to return money to my friend from Ukraine. He gave me email his address, but when im trying to send money i have error, that is saying "you are not able to send money to account from another country". I can receive, but cant send? How can i fix this? I really wanna send money to my friend, but paypal wont let me do it

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HiimOrange 

Ukraine can only receive friends and family payments and Moldova can only send money as goods and services.

You should open a PayPal Bulgaria account and close your Moldova account since you live in Bulgaria now. You can run into problems if you cannot verify your identity (name, proof of address) if PayPal asks you to, except if you still maintain the same residence in Moldova.

If you are closing the Moldova account but want to keep the same email address for the Bulgaria account, set up a email address to use as the new primary email address on the Moldova account, then remove the email address you want to use on new Bulgaria account, then close the Moldova account.

You can send friends and family payments with a PayPal Bulgaria account.

Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.

2. Withdraw the PayPal balance.

3. Cancel any active automatic payments.

4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).

5. Switch out the email address you want to use as I explained above.

6. Go to Settings.

7. Click Close Account under Account Options section.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.