I can't figure out how to add a currency to my wallet.

krmangrulkar
Contributor
Contributor

FAQs say that there's an "add currency" button when you click on the Wallet tab, but I don't have one. Any advice? Need it to accept a payment in Euros.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

manju_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @krmangrulkar 

Thank you for your post. I understand you would like to add multiple currency types into your PayPal balance. If you are logged in through mobile application, please login through desktop version and try again adding your preferred currency. Also, if you are on desktop version, please clear the cookies in your browser or login through a different browser and try these steps to add multiple currency types. 

Thank you

Manju

Login to Me Too

krmangrulkar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Manju,

This still didn't work for me -- I tried different browsers, followed the instructions, cleared cache/cookies, etc. but there's still no "manage currencies" or "add currencies" button on the wallet section of the site. What else can I do?

Login to Me Too

Roz23
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get this sorted?! I’m having the same issues and it’s stressing me out
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Roz23

Welcome to PayPal's Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear you're also unable to add a currency to your PayPal Wallet. I did some testing, and here's what I found. You'll want to ensure you're using a desktop browser or mobile browser, not the PayPal App. Once you've selected the 'Wallet' page, you'll want to make sure your 'PayPal balance' is selected on the left side. If any of your other payment methods have been selected, it won't show up. Under your PayPal balance on the right side, you should first see 'Transfer Money' and then 'Add a Currency' and 'Currency Calculator' directly below. 

If those options do not show up under 'Transfer Money' or you don't see the PayPal balance within your Wallet, you may need to verify your account and identity first. I recommend reviewing this Help Center article for verifying your account and this one for verifying your identity. After you've completed those steps, try adding a couple of dollars to your balance. This page will take you directly to where you can add money if you don't see the 'Transfer Money' option. 

I hope this helps you add a currency, and if not, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Support for further assistance troubleshooting. 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Roz23
Contributor
Contributor
Amazing that worked thank you so much!!
Login to Me Too

Wutang_Shane
New Community Member

I am currently encountering this same issue, and your solution only works for people with the 'Paypal Balance'. My account is old so I don't have a Paypal Balance option and don't see how to get one. 
How do people accept more currencies without the Paypal Balance option?
How is it not a simple feature in the settings to add more currencies? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.