I am unable to make payments on boosty

ShadowFox136
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to make payments to digital artist on Boosty. Everything on boosty's end I tried. Multiple browsers. incognito mode. changed amounts changed currencies and a few more. I contacted support and they suggested it was on Paypal's end. I know last year paypal removed serves to russia. However I believe now they do work with boosty to make payments. I contacted an artist and they said they have received payments from paypal on boosty just yesterday. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ShadowFox136,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had recently while making a payment. Please be informed that payments can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity. Our system may decline some payments to help protect you from any possible fraudulent activity. In this case, you can try the payment again at a later time after clearing the cache and cookies or try a different browser or device to see if that works. If the issue still persists, please check the Resolution Center to see if there are any notifications about your account status or unresolved steps that need to be completed. Here's help center article to know reason for declined payment.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ShadowFox136,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had recently while making a payment. Please be informed that payments can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity. Our system may decline some payments to help protect you from any possible fraudulent activity. In this case, you can try the payment again at a later time after clearing the cache and cookies or try a different browser or device to see if that works. If the issue still persists, please check the Resolution Center to see if there are any notifications about your account status or unresolved steps that need to be completed. Here's help center article to know reason for declined payment.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ShadowFox136
Contributor
Contributor

I have cleared my browser cache. I have used firefox chrome, opera and edge. I tried smaller payments, payments in rubles. I tried waiting days between purchases. I tried incognito mode. I tried on my phone. The artist I talked to said they had payments from paypal just last week on boosty. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Thanks for the update @ShadowFox136. I'm sorry to hear you're still running into some road-blocks there. In this case I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team for assistance. 

Best wishes and good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Wintercat
New Community Member

DON'T DO IT. Boosty just ripped me off for $600 on a $60 purchase, refused to refund, and PayPal denied the claim. That could have been $6000, and they WILL allow it, and PayPal will deny your claim. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.