I accidentally transferred money to the wrong account using PayPal, how do I get my money back?

ilku70
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally transferred money to the wrong account using PayPal, how do I get my money back?

The money was to be transferred to your own PayPal account, but the money went to the wrong account, that is, the account that was stored in this PayPal application. I have requested a refund but my request has not been answered ?!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

NasirB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ilku70

I am sorry to know that you have transferred the funds to a wrong account. I recommend you to contact your bank to check if the account exist. If it doesn't exist, the funds should be reversed back to your PayPal account in 14 business days. 

Stay safe and have a good day! -Nasir

Login to Me Too

ilku70
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply. The situation was already resolved and I got my money back. I put a message directly to that company and they returned my money.

Login to Me Too

dchrysler22
New Community Member

I did the same thing except the bank i transferred to was my own debit card that has been closed for years. Who do i contact to reverse the transfer if the transfer was from my paypal account to my old us bank account that is no longer active

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting to our Community. We're sorry to hear that you've had trouble with a withdrawal. If the account the funds were sent to is closed, the funds should typically bounce back to your PayPal balance within ten business days. If more than fourteen days have elapsed since the withdrawal, please use the 'Contact' link on our website to get in touch with us. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.