How to temporarily freeze your account?

ATLJSNM
Contributor
Contributor

I subscribed to a service almost a month ago using only an email. I was then prompted to set up an account with the email to manage that subscription. Unfortunately, the emails they sent me to set up the account do not work and I've been going through hoops with their customer service to both set up an account and/or to cancel my subscription. The renewal date is coming up and I'm worried they'll charge me, so I would like to block the transaction on paypal if possible, so they take no money and do not send the product.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ATLJSNM 

Did you give merchant your PayPal info? They can’t charge you with just an email address. 

To check if the merchant is listed in your PayPal profile for subscriptions or recurring payments billing agreement, go to Account Settings > Money, Banks, cards section, scroll down to Set Automatic Payments. Click on merchant to cancel billing agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ATLJSNM 

Did you give merchant your PayPal info? They can’t charge you with just an email address. 

To check if the merchant is listed in your PayPal profile for subscriptions or recurring payments billing agreement, go to Account Settings > Money, Banks, cards section, scroll down to Set Automatic Payments. Click on merchant to cancel billing agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ATLJSNM
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from the company, so they have my paypal information. The section you told me to look, there is a table that lists the company I bought from. It reads like this:

[company name] - [date of purchase (about a month ago)] - [cost of purchase] - Active

Edit: I clicked on the company name and then clicked "cancel" on the line that reads "Status." I go back to the previous menu and it says the status for that company is "Inactive." I believe this has solved my issue, so thank you much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.