How to send money and charge the transfer fee on the sender?

mylesuy
Contributor
Contributor

I am in Philippines, while my friend is in Japan and uses Japanese credit/debit cards and a Japanese PayPal account.

How to charge the fee on the sender, instead of having it deducted whenever I received it?

When my friend sends me PHP 833.00, I only receive PHP 781.35, because I have to pay PayPal's fee at PHP 51.65. Is it possible to have him pay the fee, so whenever he sends for example PHP 500, I would also receive PHP 500.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Kanth4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mylesuy
I understand your concern regarding your receiving money. Please be informed when you receive money as Goods and Service, you have to standard fee to receive money. 
In this case, you can inform sender to send money as Friends and Family (if there is no goods or service involved). So you will not be charged any fee while receiving money.

Or you can inform sender to add extra money (2.9%+0.30) so even if you charge also you will receive money as you excepted. You can check Fee here. 

Thank you for your time and patience. 

Kanth4

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Kanth4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mylesuy
I understand your concern regarding your receiving money. Please be informed when you receive money as Goods and Service, you have to standard fee to receive money. 
In this case, you can inform sender to send money as Friends and Family (if there is no goods or service involved). So you will not be charged any fee while receiving money.

Or you can inform sender to add extra money (2.9%+0.30) so even if you charge also you will receive money as you excepted. You can check Fee here. 

Thank you for your time and patience. 

Kanth4

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mylesuy and @Kanth4,

Thank you both for your posts! I just wanted to step in to clear up any possible confusion.

The suggestion to ask the sender to add extra money to offset the fee is not permitted if it is a Goods and Services payment and that extra money is something only charged to PayPal users. It would be called a surcharge, and that is not permitted, as explained in the User Agreement. However, if the price of the item is raised for all purchasers regardless of the method of payment used, that would be acceptable.

In this case, it seems the payment is a personal payment sent by a friend or family member and no Goods or Services are exchanged, so the only fee involved for the recipient would be currency conversion fees, and that is explained in the Fees page at the bottom of the PayPal website. If the funds are sent in a currency other than the holding currency or currencies on your account, a conversion would be necessary.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.