How to make an inactive Automatic Payment active again

Grastepro
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally made an Automatic payment Inactive.  Is there a way to make it active again?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grastepro 

You would need to set it up with the merchant again unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grastepro 

You would need to set it up with the merchant again unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fredericka418
New Community Member

I have to call Marchant to solve it, is it?

Login to Me Too

SOC555
New Community Member

I have this problem as well - contacted the merchant. The subscription is not cancelled. They are seeing it as still active - what appears to have happened when you change from "active" to "inactive" is that you have blocked the payment method. So when they go to take your next payment it will not go through. Can set up another payment method before this but it is not a solution - just a work around. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Craig

Hi @SOC555,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for your post. 

This is very unusual. Is there anyway to update the automatic payment on your account? Here are the steps: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq2254. 

Craig 

Login to Me Too

willdeath99
Contributor
Contributor

I still have this problem and now I can't reactivate any of my automatic payments cant print shipping labels from ShipStation anything this needs to be fixed @PayPal_Craig the link you posted is broken

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jaswatkins, @willdeath99, and everyone else!

Thanks for visiting our Community Forum! Unfortunately there is not a way to re-activate a subscription or billing agreement from within your PayPal account as a buyer. You would need to setup the recurring payment with the merchant again through their website or checkout process. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this causes, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jaswatkins
New Community Member

How do I set it up again?

Login to Me Too

M105
Contributor
Contributor

The merchant is seeing Paypal as blocked so unless there is a way to make the merchant active again in Paypal this is not an answer and the only way around this is to not use paypal.

Login to Me Too

afarrand
New Community Member

I have the same problem.

I used PayPal to pay for several items at DHL ("Deutsche Post AG") and then was surprised to find that merchant listed in my PayPal account under "Automatic Payments." I never signed up for any subscription or automatic relationship of any kind with them. So within PayPal, I clicked on the option to deactivate the automatic payment. Problem solved, I thought.

But today I returned to DHL to try to make another purchase, and got an error message when I tried to pay via PayPal. That surprised me too, but I figured I would just go back to PayPal and reactivate what I had previously inactivated. No such luck! After searching high and low through my PayPal account settings and pages, I can find no way to reactivate the 'automatic payment' link with that merchant. And since I can't push a new PayPal transaction from the merchant's website without getting an immediate error message, I'm left with one option... don't use PayPal ever again with this merchant.

Seems like PayPal would have an interest in resolving this, no? Any hints or help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.