How to end a recurring payment made on a paypal guest account?

Jamesmp4
New Community Member

Hi there,

Recently I made a purchase using a Paypal guest account, and I did not realise how hard it would be to cancel the recurring payment. I made the purchase, the money came out of my account, and my inbox had 3 emails of the receipt of the transaction, confirmation that this was going to be an automatic payment (with next months payment a lot higher, since I only paid for a month of a cheaper trial), and an email thanking me for my automatic payment. I would not like this payment to be automatic, I would like to cancel it as quickly as possible. I heard you needed to create an account to cancel, and so I created an account, but of course since I paid on a guest account, the automatic payment is not linked to this account. I have contacted the seller, but not received a response yet. I also heard I could cancel it through my bank, but my banks portal shows "no future transactions" to be cancelled.

Any help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jamesmp4 

If you paid as a guest buyer via a card then you would need to cancel it with your card issuer.

Also contact the company you purchased from and see if they will cancel your future orders as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.