How to change a recipient's status or pay the commission myself

bricklinguy
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sending money to my fiancee in another country for some time now, but  PP has her ID'd as a provider of goods and services, so she ends up not receiving the full amount. I've tried to change  it to friends and family and gotten no where, so I'd rather just pay the commission up front so she receives a set amount.

She set up another account using a different email , but PP automatically sees it as a provider for goods/services and does not seem to offer the friends and family option.

I'd rather just pay the service fees myself rather than go in circles talking with customer service.

Is this possible ?

Are there other options ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bricklinguy 

What country is she in as in a lot of countries the friends/family payments are not available to be received.

If she is in one of those countries then have you considered xoom?

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bricklinguy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the advice.

My fiancee is Brazilian . I think I made the mistake from the start by not being careful to make sure I sent it as a gift.  Once there was a history on record, there was no changing it. I tried talking to support over the phone but never got satisfactory help.

I'll check this "xoom" that you mentioned.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bricklinguy 

Sadly paypal account holders in Brazil can't accept personal ie friends/family payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.