How to change Currency conversion option

Jithin_George
New Community Member

Recent changes to Paypal checkout process have removed the option I used to get to select Who converts currency. I prefer my Bank convert currency but the option is removed altogether and paypal charges my card in my local currency.

I see that the option to select who converts doesnt appear at all now during payment. I want to know if there is a settings I could change or some other way to by default let my bank convert currency for me.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

twtwtw
New Community Member

Same issue I'm having.  that's why I'm using paypal less and less for online purchases.  will probably stop using completely 

Login to Me Too

jarayama
Contributor
Contributor

What bothers me most is that this post is marked as "Resolved", that's absolutely false.

Login to Me Too

Menaa888
Contributor
Contributor

@jarayama 

that's how it is these days. issues (tickets) are marked as closed/resolved just to clear them from their queue. you're forced to open another ticket (no way to re-open the previous one) which gives a false representations of tickets (issues) resolved to management.  It's rinse and repeat. 

imo, paypal is garbage and nobody should use it, if that happens, it might put pressure on sellers to use another method to sell.

Login to Me Too

Yuliya_Olympya
Contributor
Contributor

I am from Ukraine, got payments in usd and euros and for me to transfer funds to my usd or euro card charges 7-10%, it is crazy...  

Login to Me Too

goodwizard

It seems Interface of payment changes frequently: sometimes I have link to disable currency conversion, but sometimes it's  not able. Very annoing!
I don't want to use embedded currency converter!
Please, Paypal, stop promt it to me, add an option to disable in for a whole my account. I want to pay the same currency which I was billed.

Login to Me Too

Menaa888
Contributor
Contributor
You know Team Elon Musk and Paypal don't come here to read comments, right?
Login to Me Too

Nervicii
New Community Member

after investigating on how to mitigate this it seems like Paypal has all your ways in covered. Sadly, direct international transfer also bills you. 

Paypal currently takes 6,1% ("conversion") + 1% (transaction) fee for a whopping 7.1%!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.