How to change Currency conversion option

Jithin_George
New Community Member

Recent changes to Paypal checkout process have removed the option I used to get to select Who converts currency. I prefer my Bank convert currency but the option is removed altogether and paypal charges my card in my local currency.

I see that the option to select who converts doesnt appear at all now during payment. I want to know if there is a settings I could change or some other way to by default let my bank convert currency for me.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

fufed
Contributor
Contributor

The setting is still in the old unexpected place it's been, well-hidden:

Settings -> Payments -> Manage automatic payments -> Manage Funding Sources -> See Conversion options -> Conversion Options -> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice

Or start here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hub

Simple, no? 🙂

Login to Me Too

bcc321
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see any "See Conversion options" listed once I click "Manage Funding Sources".  I am able to click "see conversion options" if I try to edit the payment method for each individual merchant, but am not able to set the default for all merchants.

Login to Me Too

cygno

I don't see that option... and wow, I hadn't been paying attention and see now that I've been charged all the time in the "local currency". Funnily enough my bank then converts euros into that local currency because I only use the euro account. So double whammy. Guess I'll be changing it all to move away from PayPal then. Disgusting.

Login to Me Too

Menaa888
Contributor
Contributor

@cygno I deleted my main PayPal account because of this. 

Login to Me Too

jaknudsen
Contributor
Contributor

@fufed , are you able to provide a screenshot of that setting? It doesn't appear for me.

Login to Me Too

paulvng
New Community Member

Thank you for this, this is a big help! Paypal is making it so difficult to set default currency now.

Login to Me Too

Menaa888
Contributor
Contributor

Lol. Another troll comment. PayPal removed the ability to change currencies. 

New Community Member
‎Sep-15-2021 08:31 PM

Thank you for this, this is a big help! Paypal is making it so difficult to set default currency now.

0 Kudos

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Post a question to see if other members can help you find an answer.
Articles from Paypal Help Center

©1999-2021 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. 

Menaa888_1-1634509851439.png

paulvng
New Community Member

Login to Me Too

shubell
Contributor
Contributor

You can't. They removed the option. You have to select it for every payment manually... yes they are greedy 

Login to Me Too

Menaa888
Contributor
Contributor

most people are suckered into just posting the same old question nd can't find the answer which has been repeated over and over  because this site is a joke and not user friendly. @shubell 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Menaa888, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

Information on how to allow your card issuer to complete the conversion can be found here - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-pay-in-a-foreign-currency-using-my-credit-card-thr...

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.