How to cancel Managed Payments on EBay and go back to Paypal?

drwylie
New Community Member

EBay recently made me switch my payout account for sold items from Paypal to a directly linked bank account. Since this occurred I have not gotten paid by EBay for any of the items I have sold and they owe me over $250. Ebay has been less than helpful, but did tell me that this is happening because I switched to the new "Managed Payments" seller account (albeit against my will), and they refuse to switch me back to Paypal. Does anyone know how to switch from Managed Payments back to PayPal on EBay??

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Suni63
New Community Member
My understanding is that you and I are stuck with this insanity from eBay. All sellers will be forced into managed pay and not be able to use PayPal with their eBay accounts as of Dec 31. I eventually got my funds transferred from eBay into my bank account after 4 days. Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

drswylie
New Community Member

I have been waiting over 1-month!!

Login to Me Too

baabalicious
New Community Member

It's hopelessly broken. I can't add the bank account for payouts that I used with Paypal, so I'm stuck using a different bank account that I really don't want to use for payouts.  Error messages when attempting to add the other accounts are unhelpful.

Login to Me Too

alonewolf69
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, there is NO way to Op out of eBay MP! I am Soo **bleep** off, because as a eBay seller and buyer, you loose that extra protection of putting a claim in to get funds back if you ran into any scams . Even more insulting, if you sell something on the weekend ,say Saturday morning, you have to wait actually 4 days for money to hit your back account, or 3 days if you sell something on a Sunday . I Sold an item on Saturday morning and I have been told Tuesday , that I have to wait another 24 hrs for my payment still. So I can't trust this new eBay Managed Payment system at all!! I am thinking of selling on Esty now, there fees are a 3rd of the price , they don't get as much traffic as eBay , but there growing really fast now, and everyone is turning to ETSY!!  I buy off Esty all the time and this is a trusted site where they except PayPal payments,there the NEW EBAY and now since eBay has **bleep** everyone with this new MP system ,more and more people are joining ESTY !!

Login to Me Too

Lechef77
New Community Member
I’m the same, I’ve had enough of eBay managed payment already! Sold two items and still have not received any money. Yet I’ve had to pay for postage from my own pocket. Also it seems that the seller fees have gone up? Was charged £7 odd for a sale of £35 and also hair part of the postage costs taken as well.
Login to Me Too

alonewolf69
Contributor
Contributor

I have lost interest now with this eBay new system of Managed Payments. They said it would take 3 working days to get your seller funds ,but it takes 5days to get a payment,even longer! I relied on these instant payments, now i can't keep track of things. I'm totally going to turn to Esty selling NOW .!! Check this selling site out, it is world wide and they use PayPal payments, and seller fees are 2% or something and they are a totally trusted site, I have been buying off here for years and never had a issue yet ! 

Login to Me Too

lewmur
Contributor
Contributor

eBay just lost another seller.  I might still buy but will no longer sell because I don't want payments made to my bank.

Login to Me Too

hubiedo

i guess i will have to move to etsy or other seller. this does not work for me with the new MP. i would like it be optional to choose to use PP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.