How to accept ZAR payments and withdraw ZAR?

danksky
New Community Member
I am a merchant in South Africa. According to other PayPal community forum threads and the PayPal website’s list of supported currencies, ZAR (South African Rand) is not supported. I haven’t found a clear answer to these two questions: 1. As a South African merchant, can I charge customers in ZAR? I wonder, if that is not the case, if my customers have to pay a conversion fee if I charge them with USD. 2. Since I cannot have a ZAR merchant account, I will need to withdraw to USD. What is the process and fees associated with this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @danksky,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you for your interest in choosing PayPal as your payment processor. Unfortunately it is true that we do not accept payments in ZAR. Here's a list of a our Supported Currencies. However, what currencies you can accept and transfer out of your PayPal account may vary from country to country. For South Africa, you'll want to review the section on transferring funds out of PayPal for South African accounts here: How do I transfer money to my bank account?

You may also find this Help Center article useful as well: Where can I find PayPal's currency calculator and exchange rates?

I hope that helps, good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.