How to Deal with Pending Paypal Charges in Limbo?

skatfamily
Contributor
Contributor

We tried twice to pay for luggage on Spirit Airlines via Paypal before a flight, but we got an error message from the Spirit website both times. We finally used our charge card and successfully paid for it that way. Our Paypal account currently shows both of those “error” payments as pending, but that was six days ago. Spirit says they have no record that we tried to pay via Paypal, so they can't cancel them. Therefore, it looks like the payments are in limbo. I can't cancel them with Paypal and I can't appeal them to Paypal because they are "pending." No money has been deducted from our Paypal or bank accounts for them. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi skatfamily, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If the order status is "Pending," your order has been received by the seller, but your payment has not yet been processed.

For most purchases, the seller will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your purchase. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the seller will complete the payment after your purchase is fully delivered.

The status of an order will continue to display as pending until it expires, is completed, or has been voided, which can take up to 30 days.

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi skatfamily, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If the order status is "Pending," your order has been received by the seller, but your payment has not yet been processed.

For most purchases, the seller will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your purchase. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the seller will complete the payment after your purchase is fully delivered.

The status of an order will continue to display as pending until it expires, is completed, or has been voided, which can take up to 30 days.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.