How the hell do I add money

Pharkurnell
Contributor
Contributor

Unlike everyone else who has issues WITHDRAWING MONEY.. I WANT TO ADD MONEY to my account

Quite simple.. Just want to pay my balance from my linked card (IM in Australia), but you think I'm trying open heart surgery for the first time with no training.

I try adding money from my linked card, and it just gives the awesome fully descriptive helpful error

"We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again later."

How useful is that? How is anyone supposed to work that out?

I've tried for 2 n days (is that later enough?) with nothing but that fully descriptive error I just want to pay my $78 balance and never use paypal again

How do I do it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Temp20210903A
Most likely can’t with this **bleep** service of a company. Literally locked my money in there app and disabled my account for sending myself money from another account I created because they have no other way of adding funds . I say **bleep** em obviously they don’t need/want it that bad
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pharkurnell 

You can't add funds to a paypal balance via a card, only via a linked bank account.

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210903A 

My post was not directed at you, its was directed at @Pharkurnell  who's thread this is.

@Pharkurnell did not mention scams or account limitations in her post, they asked about clearing a negative balance or adding funds to a balance and I explained how to do that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kymberlys
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has ALWAYS just auto transferred from my linked checking account. I do not carry a "balance" in PayPal. I just use it to buy things online and it pulls from my linked account. Suddenly today it's acting like I have a -$2.97 balance in my PayPal and need to "Resolve this issue" rather than just pulling the money from my bank account like it always has in the past. Bank account has plenty of funds. Any idea what is going on? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.