How the heck I can contact paypal.de???????????????????????

Pampalini
Contributor
Contributor

Couple days ago my account has been restricted for some mysterious reasons. I have uploaded several documents, but I had issues with which document I can upload for proof of address, I had to spend an hour listening to music while I could able to talk to somebody who resolved my problem.

I was a happy camper all the way until I wanted to make a paypal purchase couple hours ago. When I wanted to pay for my item on ebay I got the following message: "Sorry, we couldn't complete your payment. Pay now with a credit card or complete a manual bank transfer."

No explanation whatsoever. I can log in to my account, I get no special messages or so, I just simply can't use the service.

To make is worse sending an email with a problem description is pointless, because all I got is a prewritten automate response which has nothing to do with my problem.

To make it even worse I can't talk to customer service. On the weekend my service ticket connected me to an operator right away, but now I got an automated menu which does not speak FFUUCCKKIINNGG english, but german only. So its impossible for me to understand how the **bleep** I can talk to an operator.

The question I have: what an earth I am supposed to do in order to be able to use paypal as I could use it in many other countries?????

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Pampalini
Contributor
Contributor

So after I have asked a german colleague I could talk to an operator who promissed that she use her "special program" and in about 15 minutes I will be able to pay that €11 with paypal.

Needless to say that it didnt work, so I have called Paypal again. I am already an expert of the system, you need to enter your service ticket number and the press 4 and then 5 for an operator.

This other operator told me that it may take 8-10 days to "verify" whatever with my bank, but she could NOT give me a firm date when I will be able to use PP as advertised. 

So not just all the above, but additional totally misleading communication via phone!

Hats off guys! What a customer service!

Login to Me Too

Pampalini
Contributor
Contributor

Its just 8:15 in the morning, but I have already received the mail of the day:

"unsere einfachen und schnellen Zahlungen haben Sie ja schon kennengelernt. Aber das ist noch lange nicht alles. Sie können mit PayPal auch Geld an Freunde und Familie senden, zum Beispiel um gemeinsame Ausgaben zu teilen, in Sekunden Geld empfangen oder für einen guten Zweck spenden."

I told the operator yesterday that I'd like to file a complaint. She promissed me that they will call me back in 48 hours. Really wondering if it will happen.

Login to Me Too

Pampalini
Contributor
Contributor

The saga continues: I have received a call within 48 hours, on the 2nd of december. The manager who called me was kind but to my greatest surprize she was unable to tell me when will my account work as it should be. She throw me stuff like "the system needs to learn you" which could work with my grandma, but for me it really means that she had no idea whats going on.

Joke of the day: I was told that I PROBABLY I will be able to use the paypal again from the 7th of December. She was unable to tell me a data, but something like it might work from then.

So I bough an item on Ebay on the 10th. Now my payment is pending for whatever reasons. I called the support again and I was told that I need to manually transfer the money from my bank account to paypal so they can forward it to the seller, because I still represent a security risk.

So after I have uploaded sh*tload personal documents, hanging on the line for hours, talking to various operators and filed a complaint I still can't use the system and my order is delayed which is a pain in the back for both the seller and myself.

I wish I have never registered at paypal.de. You guys are such a great pain in the **bleep**... Hopefully you will be able to complete my purches in this decade and then I will immediately delete my account and go for somebody else.

Login to Me Too

Pampalini
Contributor
Contributor

I think its needless to say that paypal was unable to clear my payment in 24 hours. So I have called them again... this time I was told, that they see that my payment is "on the way", so they do some manual magic and transfer the money to the seller actually before my transfer arrives to paypal.

I really have no clue how do they do  this. The money is either at paypal's account or not, thats quite clear. If it is on their account then why should I call them to make the payment? If its not in their account then how can they do this? Something really fishy is going on.

The operator told me that in about 2 hours my payment will be made. I made my call at 8:30, so lets wait until 2pm.

I am so excited!!! Maybe (and just maybe), my payment will actually hit the seller today! That would be both unexpected and surprizing!!!

I dont want to raise the bar to high though, as normally they just feed me with their bullsh*t.

Login to Me Too

Pampalini
Contributor
Contributor

I have expected... after 4 hours the payment was still pending so I have called them again. The operator was surprized that the other operator told me that the payment will be cleared in 2 hours and he told me thats not possible. "Maybe tomorrow"

I have requested to talk to another manager. I was promissed that I will receive a call today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.