How do u use zelle with paypal

Dragon36
New Community Member

I'm new to PayPal and want to send money from my bank account using zelle but not sure how it works

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Despadia
New Community Member

Hello, I know your comment is two years old but I am currently doing this and I did everything correctly though the funds didn't show up in my account after the transfer. I'm wondering if it takes a certain amount of time and what that time may be e.g. hours or a couple of business days? All it says is that the payment is received but then it's under pending and says "refund".

Screenshot 2023-09-28 014120.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Despadia

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you have a pending refund, and I apologize for the confusion it has caused. I recommend reviewing this Help Center article for more information about timeframes and pending statuses: Where is my refund?

I hope this information answers your question! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

DudeMan123
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried it, it said something went wrong, twice (no, I didn’t have that phone number or email linked to a different Zelle account)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @DudeMan123

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I understand you're having difficulty with Zelle, and I'm sorry to hear that. If you're using PayPal as a payment method and receiving a decline error, I suggest checking out this Help Center article. If you're in the process of connecting the two accounts, I recommend clearing your cache and cookies or trying another browser. If that doesn't work, you may want to reach out to Zelle directly to see if they can provide you with any more specific error messages than the one you received. 

I hope you can make your payment soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Djeffyoung
New Community Member

Blazinbran
Download zelle, create account and when has you search bank it will say not finding your bank then let's add a card so go ahead and add your PayPal debit card. Be advised that whenever you send from a bank account with zelle to your PayPal debit card it will be pending for 30-45 minutes. Have done several transactions and it always pends for that long and then the money is in my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

DudeMan123
Contributor
Contributor

Now when I’m trying the Zelle app spits me back to the beginning of the app after I put in my billing address & it then says that my account is locked, even though I haven’t even been able to actually set up the account. Also, those of you who got it to work & said that incoming payments will show up as pending, does this also apply to outgoing payments or do those go through faster?

Login to Me Too

Temp20240406
Contributor
Contributor

This no longer works as of today, with my Personal PayPal Account Debit  Card.  You select that your bank isn't listed, enter the information when you submit the last page with the address info, it gives an error (without explanation).  Obviously either Zelle or PayPal has become smart enough to modify the coding to block establishment between zelle and PayPal debit card as otherwise PayPal is missing out on charging you an instant transfer fee.  It might be specific to my account but I see no reason why I would be unique and I see one other early reply had the same issue. So would love to here if anyone creating a Zelle account as of April 2024 can get it to link to a PayPal debit card.

Login to Me Too

Kayla_Beee
This is the first the I've been here on the community chat side, but I figured I'd share my experiences and results on this topic, especially if it can help someone. I had a small reward from an app, but they only had Zelle as an option for me to receive the reward instead of PayPal. I don't have a "typical" bank account with a banking institution at the present time. I have PayPal, Cash App, and Venmo. The amount of hoops and obstacles that we have to jump through and figure out to transfer money through them is MIND BLOWING! This is the background story of my experience with this as of April 9, 2024. 1. I have 2 PayPal accounts. One is for my business and another is for a personal account. • Since I don't have a traditional bank account, I knew I needed to link the accounts with my PayPal card number. I set up my Zelle account by choosing the "I don't see my bank" option, followed by entering in my PayPal card info and whatever info they needed beyond that. ☆☆NOTE: I tried linking my PayPal business debit card to my Zelle account first, and it said that my card wasn't accepted or something to the effect of "that card and account isn't going to work. try another card". So I did. I put in my personal debit card number and info, and Zelle accepted that. my account with Zelle was up and running. 2. Now I had to figure out how to send the money on my Zelle account to either Cash App or PayPal. ☆☆NOTE: I have my PayPal personal debit card linked to both my Zelle account and Cash App. I kept reading that I needed the same info I used for my Zelle account to be what I had connected to my Cash App in order to receive money directly to CA, so I did just that. That is as far as I have gotten, so I can confirm that Zelle does let you link a PayPal personal debit card to your account, but as far as any transactions being made between the two and how those go, I haven't gotten that far along yet. I will update in a bit with info regarding how it goes. I honestly wish that this wasn't so complicated. I get so frustrated having to try 400 things to transfer money from one app to another. Hopefully this goes as smoothly as possible! Maybe this was helpful to someone!!
Login to Me Too

Airport1945
Contributor
Contributor
Same here... Works with sending from zele to PayPal debit card, however it will be stuck in pending for at least 30 min to and hour... So unfortunately it's not instant like most others
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.